Monday, December 17, 2007

My New Journey

Well, a friend of mine said that I should start a blog. So here I go.

It's really appropriate to start this blog as not only is blogging a new journey for me but I have started on a new journey in my life. I am leaving corp america after almost 13 years to be a Stay-At-Home Mom. Hey there - 13 has always been lucky for me.

My new path - first and foremost is focusing more on my family - my children, my husband and myself. Too many times over the last few years I have said to my children - "Not now - Mommy has to work." Well if not now - then when is what I have asked myself. Life is going way too fast and they are little for such a short time. Which leads me to the name of my blog - "Searching for the Gift."

When I was in college I used to have this sticky note on my desk which contained: "The past is behind us, the future is only a dream, but the present is a gift to be cherished." Over the past few years I have often forgotten the importance of cherishing the moment. Rushing from one thing to another, checking off items on the to do list, hitting deadlines, etc. Thus my new journey - searching for the gift of cherishing the present. I want to take the time to cherish the little things more and to set a good example of such a lifestyle to my children.

So as the holidays approach, I am going to make sure and take time to enjoy the anticipation of Christmas Eve, the awe of Christmas morning, the excitement of a New Year, and the love of family and friends.

Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

Tisha said...

I'm eagerly awaiting your next entry!!! :)

Tisha said...

Just tagged you in my new blog! check it out!!

Tisha said...

In response to YOUR comment - I'm glad that I could inspire you - you should check out www.dailyom.com; Many times it seems that they're talking to me!

Tisha said...

Give me something work with here as far as commenting. :)
We are SOOOO going....so get yourself ready - girls' night out, baby!!!!